Monday, January 30, 2012

Young love

Griffin came home from school the other day, and announced that he has a girlfriend.

Not only that, but they are in love.

And then he did a little dance in our back entry-way (never making it beyond there before he could blurt out his news,) and skipped around in a circle and sang "I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love!"

Its super cute, and super terrifying, all at the same time.  I've done that very same dance, maybe even with the skip, and it's a beautiful thing.  I've also done the dance of heartbreak, which is significantly less attractive, and involves far too much alcohol for a 5 year old.  I can't bear the thought of him having his little wide-open heart broken, now, or 20 years from now.

Then again, there's no point in living in fear of something that might happen down the road.  So for now, we celebrate - life, love, and all other things that make us smile.

No comments: